Wednesday, January 26, 2011

HAT 28mm Spaniards

HAT Industrie is jumping into the 28mm plastic boom with some up-scaled versions of its 20mm soft plastic figures. Bravo, I say! I'd like nothing more than to amass hordes of cheap plastic figures, especially if paint actually sticks to them. I've experienced the heartbreak of watching my 1/72 Polybian Romans revert back to their natural state. It's depressing. Hopefully Hat has done the right thing here.

I've ordered a box of heavies and a box of lights from Scale Hobbyist. They ended up costing about $27 including shipping, which is the absolute cheapest retail price you will ever pay for sixty-four 28mm figures.

They're generic enough to use as 11th century fighters from anywhere, and the lights include slingers, bows, and crossbows, so there's some variety. I plan to match them up against each other, and perhaps to face them off against a horde of orcs from Wargames Factory, if Wargames Factory continues to exist. Orcs to me seem to belong to the early medieval period (the dark ages, we used to say), so that might match up nicely.
I'll post my impressions when they arrive.

Pictures courtesy of HAT's website.


No comments:

Post a Comment